Things To Know About Carbon Monoxide in Your Home

May 12, 2020

Carbon monoxide is an odorless, tasteless and colorless gas produced by burning fossil fuels. This includes natural gas, wood charcoal and gasoline. If it builds up in your home, it can cause serious health issues and even death in high enough concentration. Here’s what you need to know about carbon monoxide. Symptoms Low levels of carbon monoxide in your home can lead to headaches, weakness, nausea, dizziness and shortness of breath. Higher levels can cause confusion, blurred vision and loss of consciousness. As it replaces oxygen in your blood, you can die from breathing too much carbon monoxide. Sources The main sources of carbon monoxide in a home are a gas furnace, water heater, fireplaces, gas appliances and a car idling in the garage. All of these should be well-maintained and properly vented. You should never use a charcoal grill or kerosene heater indoors due to carbon monoxide concerns. Techno Air Heating, Cooling and Refrigeration is located in Grove City, OH. We provide maintenance services for gas furnaces, during which we make sure they are operating safely. Signs of Carbon Monoxide There may be signs that excessive CO is building up in your home. Stale or stuffy air is one...

View Article

Read More